Sunday, February 27, 2011

An update! How and what am I doing?

Well, here's the reason I'm behind on my tack as usual, and the reason why I will probably continue to be behind on tack for most of the upcoming summer as well! This happened to me on my birthday which was February 12th....
Yep, I got engaged! My fiance and I had innitially decided we were going to wait until next year to get married, but then I went to this wedding expo last weekend and totally changed my mind! We are both too excited to wait! So we're getting married this year on August 6th! Now I've got 5 months to plan my wedding! Ahhhh!!!

But...I did finally manage to get another costume done....I really wish I hadn't decided to take photos of it on a horse that has no tail...yep, he's bald!

Here's a close-up of the halter/bridle part. Ignore that blob of sticky wax hanging down...it slipped during the photo without me noticing....

Here's one of my newer horses that I've been working on hairing. He's a Kalendar Prince resin painted by Shannon Mayfield, and he's really amazing in person! I'm bummed I didn't get him done on time to model that blue, black and silver costume I just finished. Here's what he looks like after 3 hours of hair glueing....yep, I'm fussy...

And here he is 6 hours later....obviously I haven't styled him yet. He's having a bad hair day right now but is happy to not be completely bald anymore! This picture was also taken in the dark and I lightened it, and it makes his color look kind've strange. I promise to post better photos once he's all done!
I have two more horses here that I'll be rehairing very soon for my friend Erin! Stay tuned to see pictures of their before and after styles!
I've also been working on a group of 8 traditional scale presentation sets to sell after completion. Kind've a fun group of colors! Watch for these to pop up on MH$P soon! I've just got the tassles and cowries to finish and I should have them up this week! Hopefully Prince can models these sets once I get to styling him!
Here are the collars that match these halters....8 in all! Don't they look like a flower arranged this way? LOL!
Bought a loom to play with today! Decided I wanted to try my hand at weaving a few headstalls for some halters since I usually braid them instead. The first two I did were kinda flukey, but then I came up with a couple of really neat ones....here was my first attempt...I'll post pictures of my better attempts later....
That's all for now! More to come later!

1 comment:

  1. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your loom? I've been looking for one and just can't seem to find any!
    Feel free to mesage me back at irideon37@yahoo.com or at my AIM. :)

    ReplyDelete