Wednesday, February 17, 2010

In Loving Memory


In loving memory of my "Sassy". How you will be missed. They say man's best friend is a dog, well this woman's best friend was a cat. You were so beautiful with that soft shiny coat that had the feel of rabbit fur, and those shiny lime green eyes. You were just the right amount of pur mixed with a snottiness I just couldn't get past sometimes. But man did we play. I will never forget your sassy personality that made you so live up to your name, or that cute little smudge of gray on your lip, or how you would suprise me by wrapping yourself around my wrists and ankles to playfully bit and kick. I will always bear the scars on my wrists and ankles from the times you bit too hard--you definately left your mark on more than just my heart. So much spirit, and such a sense of humor reserved especially for me. Rest in peace my furry little friend. You will always be missed, and I will always love you.
For those waiting on work from me right now, know that I have encountered yet another delay in life. Something I knew was coming, but was unexpected for this week. My cat had to be put down this afternoon, and I am so lost and so devastated. I doubt this will put me too much farther behind because I welcome any kind of distraction from the incredible emptiness and sorrow that I feel. I am planning on going out of town this weekend to see some friends, and hopefully when I come home the hurt won't be as bad so I continue where I left off. I just feel like a person has died, and that's what my pretty little kitty meant to me as a friend, she was like a human, she was more actually. :0)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss Melissa. I know how our furbabies are part of our hearts. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sassy was beautiful. I am so sorry for your loss. I finally have a cat that I am not allergic to and sometimes I think what will I do without her. Hopefully it will be a long time before I find out.

    ReplyDelete